When people face a diagnosis of severe aortic valve disease, it can be very stressful, emotional, and confusing. It’s easy to lose sight of choosing the best option. Dr. Ciuffo wants to share a quick guide to prospective patients to learn how to ask the right questions and find the right heart surgeon to fit your needs.
Aortic Valve Conditions
The most common aortic valve conditions Dr. Ciuffo treats are Aortic Stenosis (aortic valve is calcified and cannot open properly) and Aortic Insufficiency/Regurgitation (aortic valve is stretched and cannot close properly). If a diagnosis of one of these given, heart surgery will be needed. To learn more about your options, and specifically minimally invasive aortic valve replacement or repair — read the following questions.
Questions To Ask A Potential Surgeon
- Am I a candidate for minimally invasive aortic valve surgery? And if not, why not?
- Do you perform this type of surgery?
- How many of these operations have you performed and with what outcomes?
- What type of valve or repair do you suggest and why?
- Could I talk to any of your previous minimally invasive valve surgery patients? An experienced minimally invasive heart surgeon would have no difficulty finding patients willing to share their experience with you.
Schedule A Consultation With Dr. Ciuffo Today!
To talk with the best minimally invasive heart surgeon, Dr. Ciuffo, call us today at (330) 363-1341 or contact us online and one of our minimally invasive heart surgery team members will be in touch with you shortly.